The Annual Equipment of Pipeline and Oil &Gas Storage and Transportation Event
logo

The 26thBeijing International Exhibition on Equipment of Pipeline and Oil & Gas Storage and Transportation

ufi

BEIJING, China

March 26-28,2026

LOCATION :Home> News> Industry News

Saudi Arabia, Kuwait agree to resume oil output at shared fields

Pubdate:2019-12-25 13:50 Source:liyanping Click:

CAIRO (Bloomberg) - Saudi Arabia and Kuwait agreed to resume oil production in a shared border region more than four years after halting output.

The agreement allows “the resumption of oil production from the joint fields,” the Saudi energy ministry said on Twitter. The oil fields at the so-called neutral zone can produce as much as 500,000 bpd -- more than each of OPEC’s three smallest members pumped last month.

A resumption is unlikely to add oil to the market because Saudi Arabia and Kuwait both adhere to production limits that the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries extended into March. Even so, the agreement to re-start the fields could weigh on market sentiments amid concerns about faltering growth in world demand and rising supply from the U.S. and other producers.

The neutral zone, spanning more then 5,700 square kilometers (2,200 square miles), was created by a 1922 treaty between Kuwait and the fledgling Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. In the 1970s, the two Gulf Arab monarchies agreed to divide the area and incorporate each half into their respective territory while still sharing and jointly managing the zone’s petroleum wealth. The region contains two main oil fields: the onshore Wafra and offshore Khafji.

The area hasn’t produced anything since 2015, when Khafji was shut down after a spat between the neighbors. Wafra stopped pumping in 2014. The disagreement began over the Wafra field, which Chevron Corp. operates. Saudi Arabia extended the original 60-year concession of the field, giving the U.S. company rights there until 2039. Kuwait was furious over the announcement and claims Riyadh never consulted it about the extension.

Chevron, through its subsidiary Saudi Arabian Chevron Inc., remains committed to the neutral zone and is ensuring that production can resume whenever a decision is taken, Sally Jones, a company spokeswoman, said on Sunday.

Saudi Arabia and Kuwait have held a number of private meetings since 2015, at one point coming close to signing an agreement before pulling back at the last minute over wording in the final documents regarding contentious sovereignty issues. They entered a fresh phase of talks earlier this year.

The fields are particularly important because U.S. sanctions on Iran and Venezuela have tightened the supply of heavy, high-sulfur crude -- precisely the kind of oil that the neutral zone produces. U.S. diplomats had been pressing both sides to reach an agreement.

主站蜘蛛池模板: 美女扒开尿口让男人操 | 男女交性高清全过程无遮挡| 无码视频一区二区三区| 国产在线视频网站| 久久精品国产精品亚洲色婷婷| 性宝福精品导航| 最新国产在线拍揄自揄视频| 国产挤奶水主播在线播放| 九九视频在线观看视频23| 麻豆精品传媒成人精品| 日本精品高清一区二区| 国产一区二区三区内射高清| 中文字幕亚洲综合久久菠萝蜜| 美国式禁忌矿桥矿网第11集| 性欧美wideos| 亚洲黄色网址大全| 91麻豆爱豆果冻天美星空| 欧美日韩中文在线视频| 国产精品v欧美精品v日韩精品| 亚洲AV无码乱码在线观看富二代| 国产**一级毛片视频直播| 日本牲交大片无遮挡| 啊灬啊灬别停啊灬用力啊免费看| 一本色道久久88综合日韩精品| 男人j桶进女人p无遮挡在线观看| 在线免费视频一区二区| 亚洲图片小说区| 麻豆产精国品一二三产区区| 日日噜噜噜夜夜爽爽狠狠视频| 午夜dj在线观看免费高清在线| cctv新闻频道在线直播| 欧美成人精品大片免费流量| 国产欧美一区二区三区在线看 | 国产一区二区在线视频播放| 中国体育生gary飞机| 男人把女人桶爽30分钟应用| 国产精品福利自产拍在线观看 | 99久久国语露脸精品国产| 欧美午夜性囗交xxxx| 国产人成视频在线视频| 一二三四社区在线高清观看在线 |